Sunday, April 14, 2013

I saw it in a pool of water..steel's sword!

I saw it in pools of water....

Acid Rain

Favored man in times of trouble,
Searching for a great reward;
Blasphemes nature for his fortune,
Killing life with steel’s sword.

Oh Great Spirit far above me,
Oh sweet kindness this gracious gift;
Who sent this beauty all around us;
And gave as food to man this fish.

Dark gray clouds gather near me,
From the sky to ground it came,
As the heavens brought forth their present,
They sent to earth the acid rain.

Times of sadness fold around me,
As deer and wildlife bend and drink.
Reviled by the taste of the tainted water,
I sit here at this spot and think.

Is the future our era’s record?
Leaving mark upon the earth?
To wipe away for generations,


The cool clean water, “white man’s curse”.

“To all who come upon this mountain,
To watch the graceful buck and doe;
Who seek a fish for evening’s meal;
‘Tis modern man who left this woe!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment