Sunday, June 2, 2013

I let Life pass me by.....

Monument to Col. William Smith


Life Just Passed Me By

I felt the wind like the touch of Spring, 
Gently passing in the glow of day. 
I saw a scene so far from me, 
Yet passing just a foot away. 
I heard God as I walked the hill. 
I stopped to listen and to pray, 
And time just passed on by.

My heart smiled, enjoyed, and cared, 
As my lungs filled with the sweet Spring air; 
And the breeze against my face wasn‟t even there, 
As life just passed on by.

They laughed at me for I beamed with love, 
For the grass that felt like silken glove, 
It gave me pleasure and just a bit of love, 
And time just passed me by. 

I heard the call of the meadow‟s lark, 
I felt the tree and its rugged bark, 
But time had passed me by.

For now I‟m grown and now I‟ve lost, 
The simple heart that would have bought, 
With a fortune or a ransom lost, 
But not even that could stop.. 
Time from passing me on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment