Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Summer Storm......

Rainbow

A Summer Storm

Wind of summers discontent,
Trees and tearing branches bent;
Waking early to driving rain,
Is summer relieving herself of pain?

Dancing rhythm of the wind,
Echoes of thunders brash alarm,
Hidden deep beneath my covers,
I feel safe from summers harm.
Lightning breaking in disjointed form,
Striking down at earth.
Plant life and creatures holding on,
Clinging to life for all theyre worth.

Gray and somber the summer sky,
Dark, ominous, filled with gloom,
I look about in midnight colors,
Searching for a clue, why summers mood?

Perhaps its summers hidden anger,
Sweeping earth to rid it of its sins.
Perhaps its summer giving life,
Her love showed while being stern!

Now with great relief I sigh,
As the summer storm passes by.
I search the light that breaks behind
For any kind of hopeful sign.
Maybe beyond its blue and clear,
Hoping a rainbow might appear.


No comments:

Post a Comment